Nate has been a lot of fun lately. I have to say once again, I love the “terrible twos”. Sure there are not-so-fun moments, but they are highly outweighed by all the fun things he can say and do now.
When he woke up from his 3 hour nap (normal length – I love naptime!) Tuesday here’s what happened.
- I walked in the room to greet him.
- Nate: “oh no, klee” (kleenex)
- Me: “okay, mommy will get you a kleenex”
- Nate: (before I can get back in the room) “off” (referring to his music) (I make it back and hand him the kleenex) “thank you mommy” (so sweet!) “uh oh, eye” (he wipes a tear from his eye) “trash” (referring to the now used kleenex)
- Me: “let go put it in the trash” (lift him out of crib)
- Nate: (still holding kleenex) “shoes?” (he noticed his shoes sitting on his chair)
- Me: “let’s go throw your kleenex in the trash”
- Nate: “Nate’s shoes” (he’s very into claiming what’s his) (remembering our original mission) “trash”
- Me: “to the kitchen”
- Nate: “milk?”
- Me: “in a minute”
- Nate: “trash” (finally, the kleenex is thrown away) “milk!”
All of this happened in a very short time span. I was amazed at how much his mind was jumping from one thought to another and that he was able to communicate all of it with me. I love having conversations with him!
I’ll put up some pictures later today. Right now he’s wanting to play Elmo.