half a year!!!
besides growing a ton, she’s also picked up a few new tricks along the way.
- she sits very well without any support for long periods of time. she doesn’t like things such as the swing and playing on her back anymore because she wants to be upright unless she’s asleep or feeding. in the past day or two she’s starting to figure out how to get out of the sitting position. the only down side of this is that she ends up on her tummy which is not good since she still isn’t rolling over.
- she loves to play. she’ll spend about 20 minutes content in the exersaucer a couple of times a day. she loves to put every toy in her mouth. (nate was not a mouth baby.) she’s been having fun playing with some of the toys that nate’s mostly outgrown such as the steering wheel and telephone which blink, talk, and sing. she’s also become a fan of peek-a-boo which gets some big time smiles out of her.
- she’s a gabber. she loves to talk to people. she also learned in the past month just how much control she has over the volume of the noises she makes. she loves to experiement with this.
- she’s still nursing 4 times a day with me and getting one bottle from her daddy. she also does 2 meals a day with 2-4 tablespoons of rice cereal along with half a jar of stage 1 veggies. so far she has tried sweet potatoes and squash. she loves both so far. she also started getting some water in a sippy cup yesterday. she’s tasted very little so far though since she prefers to just gum it.
- generally there are 3 naps a day. she does 1-2 hour naps at about 10am and 1pm followed by a 30 minutes to an hour one around 6pm. i’ve enjoyed the lengthening of the naps lately. she usually goes to bed between 7:45 and 8:15 and gets up between 6:30 and 7:30.
- she’s getting better with being with people other than brad and i. this has especially happened in the past couple of weeks. i think our trip to michigan helped out a lot with this.